Welcome to OKNAThis site is for news and information affecting OKNA members and to better connect you to a vibrant part of North Portland.
Contact OKNAOur Contacts Page
Join the OKNA email list
Like us on Facebook!
General MeetingsThird Tuesday of the month
(except in August and December)
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Kaiser Town Hall
3704 N Interstate Ave
(at N Overlook Blvd)
Board MeetingsFirst Tuesday of the month
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Overlook House
3839 N. Melrose Dr.
Make your donation by PayPal
Category Archives: Safety
1) Sunday Parkways returns to North Portland in 2015 (June 21) 2) Illegal parking and vehicle break-ins ———- 1) Sunday Parkways returns to North Portland in 2015 (June 21) The Portland Bureau of Transportation and presenting sponsor Kaiser Permanente today … Continue reading
1) Happy New Year! 2) Winter Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop (Jan. 17) 3) Overlook Sustainability Summit (Feb. 21) 4) Nature in Neighborhoods grant applications deadline (Jan. 13) 5) OLCC seeks input on marijuana regulation (Jan. 12) 6) Noise control meeting … Continue reading
1) Overlook Annual Holiday Party Potluck (Tonight! Dec. 12) 2) Overlook general meeting canceled (Dec. 16) 3) De-Gentrifying Portland movie to screen in North Portland (Dec. 13) 4) New trees coming to North Portland (Dec. 20) 5) Keep safe after dark … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Association meeting time changes 2) Overlook House holiday craft bazaar (Nov. 15-16) 3) Providence Bridge Pedal 2015 registration (Nov. 10) 4) Don’t worry if your water looks a little funny 5) New city tree code is coming … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Board Meeting (Nov. 4) 2) City leaf pickup service scheduled for some of Overlook (Dec. 5) 3) Daylight savings (Nov. 2) and a pedestrian sting (Nov. 5) 4) Madrona Hill Café applies for liquor license 5) Proposed … Continue reading
1) Little Children’s Halloween Party (Oct. 31) 2) Overlook Village Business Association Halloween Crawl (Oct. 31) 3) North Portland is the most popular Sunday Parkway again 4) How dangerous is Overlook Neighborhood? 5) Adidas will sell Reebok 6) North Portland … Continue reading
GRIMM Location: The TV series Grimm is filming on N Melrose today and will wrap tomorrow. Key Asst Location Manager Ben Lipsey tells me they will be filming at this location again this year and they want to make sure … Continue reading
Public Safety Alert: Neighbor Kristin reports: My wallet was stolen from my car in front of my house at the triangle of Colonial and Overlook between 1-2pm, Sept 4th (yesterday). The thief used my card at North Portland BikeWorks on … Continue reading
Don’t forget your online OKNA connections on Facebook: /www.facebook.com/OKNAinPDX for late breaking news and quirky stories. 1) Movie in Overlook Park this Sunday (8/31) 2) Overlook NET Meeting: Newcomers Welcome! (9/4) 3) Save the Frogs Presentation with HiNooN (9/11) 4) … Continue reading
1) Bluegrass concert/BBQ for Beach School (8/23) 2) Movie and Costume Contest in Overlook Park (deadline 8/27) 3) Overlook NET Meeting: Newcomers Welcome! (9/4) 4) Free Earthquake Classes from Bureau of Emergency Mgmt (9/17 & 18) 5) Water Bureau Seeks … Continue reading