Welcome to OKNAThis site is for news and information affecting OKNA members and to better connect you to a vibrant part of North Portland.
Contact OKNAOur Contacts Page
Join the OKNA email list
Like us on Facebook!
General MeetingsThird Tuesday of the month
(except in August and December)
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Kaiser Town Hall
3704 N Interstate Ave
(at N Overlook Blvd)
Board MeetingsFirst Tuesday of the month
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Overlook House
3839 N. Melrose Dr.
Make your donation by PayPal
Category Archives: Parks
1) Public hearing for auto race noise variance (Feb. 11) 2) North Portland Greenway bike ride (Jan. 24) 3) “Grimm” filming in Overlook will disrupt traffic (Jan. 26-28) ———- 1) Public hearing for auto race noise variance (Feb. 11) The … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Association meeting time changes 2) Overlook House holiday craft bazaar (Nov. 15-16) 3) Providence Bridge Pedal 2015 registration (Nov. 10) 4) Don’t worry if your water looks a little funny 5) New city tree code is coming … Continue reading
1) Help conserve Overlook green space (Oct. 19) 2) Daimler’s construction on Swan Island 3) Share your thoughts about the Portland Water Bureau (Oct. 16) 4) Grants available for neighborhood conservation 5) Portland City Council to review transportation funding options (Oct. 13) … Continue reading
1) North Williams left lane closure begins on Monday, Oct. 6 2) Community process under way for Natural Grocers project 3) No Ivy Day (Oct. 25) 4) Nature classes for kids 5) Historic Kenton Firehouse cleanup (Oct. 26) 6) North Star … Continue reading
1) Free movie at Peninsula Park (Sept. 26) 2) National Prescription Drug Turn in Day is Saturday (Sept. 27) 3) TriMet seeks input from residents 4) Comment on Portland’s draft 2035 Comprehensive Plan 5) Grants available for cultural programs 1) … Continue reading
1) Portland Polish Festival (Sept. 20-21) 2) Citywide Land Use Group (Sept. 22) 3) North Williams Avenue street design installation begins, left lane to close soon 4) Daimler Trucks North America informational session: Greenway expansion project and construction update (Sept. … Continue reading
GRIMM Location: The TV series Grimm is filming on N Melrose today and will wrap tomorrow. Key Asst Location Manager Ben Lipsey tells me they will be filming at this location again this year and they want to make sure … Continue reading
Don’t forget your online OKNA connections on Facebook: /www.facebook.com/OKNAinPDX for late breaking news and quirky stories. 1) Movie in Overlook Park this Sunday (8/31) 2) Overlook NET Meeting: Newcomers Welcome! (9/4) 3) Save the Frogs Presentation with HiNooN (9/11) 4) … Continue reading
1) Bluegrass concert/BBQ for Beach School (8/23) 2) Movie and Costume Contest in Overlook Park (deadline 8/27) 3) Overlook NET Meeting: Newcomers Welcome! (9/4) 4) Free Earthquake Classes from Bureau of Emergency Mgmt (9/17 & 18) 5) Water Bureau Seeks … Continue reading
1) Zoning Changes Released for Review 2) Overlook Village Street Fair Changes (8/2) 3) Ice Cream Social at the Overlook House (8/3) ——————————————– 1) Zoning Changes Released for Review The updated Comprehensive Plan Proposed Draft can now be viewed … Continue reading