Welcome to OKNAThis site is for news and information affecting OKNA members and to better connect you to a vibrant part of North Portland.
Contact OKNAOur Contacts Page
Join the OKNA email list
Like us on Facebook!
General MeetingsThird Tuesday of the month
(except in August and December)
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Kaiser Town Hall
3704 N Interstate Ave
(at N Overlook Blvd)
Board MeetingsFirst Tuesday of the month
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Overlook House
3839 N. Melrose Dr.
Make your donation by PayPal
Category Archives: OKNA
1) Other neighborhoods support Overlook on homeless camps 2) Other news about homeless camping 3) Overlook Neighborhood Emergency Team meeting (Monday, Feb. 8) 4) Preparedness: Where resilience begins (Saturday, Feb. 20) 5) Celebrate North Portland 2016 (Saturday, March 12) 1) … Continue reading
The North Portland Neighborhood Chairs sent the following statement to City Hall. It supports Overlook in our ongoing attempts to convince the city to work with us on the Hazelnut Grove homeless camp and to develop a serious strategy for … Continue reading
1) Crime and homeless camps update 2) Downtown on-street parking rates increase to $2 per hour (Feb. 1) 3) Youth sought for Oregon Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee 4) Pre-session town hall with state senators and representatives (Jan. 30) 5) … Continue reading
Your weekly update editor has recovered from New Year’s festivities. My apologies for the late delivery. Happy New Year’s! 1) Greeley homeless camps update 2) OKNA Board meeting (Tuesday, Nov. 3) 1) Greeley homeless camps update The City installed a … Continue reading
1) Happy Holidays! 2) OKNA asks city to include restrictions in homeless camp permit 3) Holiday parking advisory 4) Want to get married in a Portland park in 2016? 5) Marijuana Policy Task Force ———- 1) Happy Holidays! The Overlook … Continue reading
1) Taking action on the Greeley homeless camps 2) Fun had by all at OKNA Holiday parties 3) Travel safely on New Year’s Eve (Dec. 31) 4) An OKNA wedding ———- 1) Taking action on the Greeley homeless camps About … Continue reading
Update: An agenda is now available. The Overlook Neighborhood Association (OKNA) board will hold a special meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 16 at the Historic Kenton Firehouse (8105 N Brandon Ave.), 6:30-8:30 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss … Continue reading
1) Special OKNA meeting about Greeley homeless camp (Wednesday, Dec. 16) 2) adidas Boost Experience (and shop coupon) 3) N Skidmore Street roadwork 4) Share your thoughts about residential infill with Portland ———- 1) Special OKNA meeting about Greeley homeless … Continue reading
1) OKNA Holiday Potluck party (Friday, Dec. 11) 2) Neighborhood Emergency Team holiday party (Monday, Dec. 14) 3) OKNA statement about homeless camp on N Greeley Avenue 4) Home Earthquake Retrofit Workshop – A few seats remain (Sat. Dec. 5) … Continue reading
The Overlook Neighborhood Association Board at its monthly meeting on Tuesday discussed the homeless camps at N Greeley Avenue near N Interstate Avenue. Board members expressed particular concern that the city has neither communicated with the neighborhood nor followed through on its … Continue reading