Welcome to OKNAThis site is for news and information affecting OKNA members and to better connect you to a vibrant part of North Portland.
Contact OKNAOur Contacts Page
Join the OKNA email list
Like us on Facebook!
General MeetingsThird Tuesday of the month
(except in August and December)
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Kaiser Town Hall
3704 N Interstate Ave
(at N Overlook Blvd)
Board MeetingsFirst Tuesday of the month
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Overlook House
3839 N. Melrose Dr.
Make your donation by PayPal
Category Archives: Land Use
1) Homeless camps update 2) Delayed garbage pickup 3) Parks and Recreation Budget Dialogue (Tuesday, Jan. 12) 4) Sons of Haiti Lodge food carts update (Thursday, Jan. 14) 5) Radon Forum (Wednesday, Jan. 20) ———- 1) Homeless camps update Overlook … Continue reading
Your weekly update editor has recovered from New Year’s festivities. My apologies for the late delivery. Happy New Year’s! 1) Greeley homeless camps update 2) OKNA Board meeting (Tuesday, Nov. 3) 1) Greeley homeless camps update The City installed a … Continue reading
1) Taking action on the Greeley homeless camps 2) Fun had by all at OKNA Holiday parties 3) Travel safely on New Year’s Eve (Dec. 31) 4) An OKNA wedding ———- 1) Taking action on the Greeley homeless camps About … Continue reading
1) Santa Claus to visit Overlook House (Sunday, Dec. 6) 2) Free flu shots (Monday, Dec. 7) 3) Landlord training (Friday, Dec. 11, 12, 14 and 16) ———- 1) Santa Claus to visit Overlook House (Sunday, Dec. 6) Friends of … Continue reading
Dear Overlook Neighbors, Your Overlook Neighborhood Association Board continues to monitor events surrounding the homeless camp near the intersection of Greeley and Interstate Avenues. We have heard from many neighbors that they have concerns about the camp. See below for … Continue reading
1) Homeless camp on Greeley Avenue 2) Portland Marathon will close some Overlook streets (Sunday, Oct. 4) 3) City plans for affordable housing in North Portland (Tuesday, Oct. 13) 4) OKNA Board meeting (Tuesday, Oct. 6) ———- 1) Homeless camp … Continue reading
1) Movie in the Park (Sunday, Sept. 6) 2) Mark your calendar for the Polish Festival (Sept. 19-20) 3) Comment on the city’s draft comprehensive plan ———- 1) Movie in the Park (Sunday, Sept. 6) Stay up late on Sunday … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Association general meeting (Tuesday, June 16) 2) Join OKNA’s land-use team 3) North Overlook cleanup a success 4) Swan Island history bike ride (Monday, June 15) 5) Peninsula Park Pools opens on Monday 6) Community open house … Continue reading
1) How many parking spots must a developer build? 2) Paving to close lanes on N Denver Avenue (May 26 – June 2) 3) OKNA social and welcoming back an old friend ———- 1) How many parking spots must a … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk lately about parking (or the lack thereof) at new apartments and condos. Gary Davenport, who has been following this issue closely for OKNA, provided this primer. High Density Onsite Parking Requirements: Applies to lots … Continue reading