Welcome to OKNAThis site is for news and information affecting OKNA members and to better connect you to a vibrant part of North Portland.
Contact OKNAOur Contacts Page
Join the OKNA email list
Like us on Facebook!
General MeetingsThird Tuesday of the month
(except in August and December)
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Kaiser Town Hall
3704 N Interstate Ave
(at N Overlook Blvd)
Board MeetingsFirst Tuesday of the month
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Overlook House
3839 N. Melrose Dr.
Make your donation by PayPal
Category Archives: Land Use
1) Santa Claus to visit Overlook House (Sunday, Dec. 6) 2) Free flu shots (Monday, Dec. 7) 3) Landlord training (Friday, Dec. 11, 12, 14 and 16) ———- 1) Santa Claus to visit Overlook House (Sunday, Dec. 6) Friends of … Continue reading
Dear Overlook Neighbors, Your Overlook Neighborhood Association Board continues to monitor events surrounding the homeless camp near the intersection of Greeley and Interstate Avenues. We have heard from many neighbors that they have concerns about the camp. See below for … Continue reading
1) Homeless camp on Greeley Avenue 2) Portland Marathon will close some Overlook streets (Sunday, Oct. 4) 3) City plans for affordable housing in North Portland (Tuesday, Oct. 13) 4) OKNA Board meeting (Tuesday, Oct. 6) ———- 1) Homeless camp … Continue reading
1) Movie in the Park (Sunday, Sept. 6) 2) Mark your calendar for the Polish Festival (Sept. 19-20) 3) Comment on the city’s draft comprehensive plan ———- 1) Movie in the Park (Sunday, Sept. 6) Stay up late on Sunday … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Association general meeting (Tuesday, June 16) 2) Join OKNA’s land-use team 3) North Overlook cleanup a success 4) Swan Island history bike ride (Monday, June 15) 5) Peninsula Park Pools opens on Monday 6) Community open house … Continue reading
1) How many parking spots must a developer build? 2) Paving to close lanes on N Denver Avenue (May 26 – June 2) 3) OKNA social and welcoming back an old friend ———- 1) How many parking spots must a … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk lately about parking (or the lack thereof) at new apartments and condos. Gary Davenport, who has been following this issue closely for OKNA, provided this primer. High Density Onsite Parking Requirements: Applies to lots … Continue reading
1) Overlook Bluff imperiled 2) Pembina propane project dead? ———- 1) Overlook Bluff imperiled Friends of Overlook Bluff are running out of time to save the heritage oak tree and open space on N Overlook Terrace. The owner of the … Continue reading
After a vote at the April 21 OKNA general meeting, the following letter was sent to the Portland City Council in opposition to the proposed Pembina propane terminal in North Portland. To: Portland City Council From: Overlook Neighborhood Association Re: Proposed Pembina propane … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Association general meeting (Jan. 20) 2) Fix-It Fair (Jan. 24) 3) Winter Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop (Jan. 17) 4) North Portland Land Use Group meeting (Jan. 22) 5) Report air quality problems ———- 1) Overlook Neighborhood Association … Continue reading