Welcome to OKNAThis site is for news and information affecting OKNA members and to better connect you to a vibrant part of North Portland.
Contact OKNAOur Contacts Page
Join the OKNA email list
Like us on Facebook!
General MeetingsThird Tuesday of the month
(except in August and December)
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Kaiser Town Hall
3704 N Interstate Ave
(at N Overlook Blvd)
Board MeetingsFirst Tuesday of the month
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Overlook House
3839 N. Melrose Dr.
Make your donation by PayPal
Category Archives: Land Use
1) How many parking spots must a developer build? 2) Paving to close lanes on N Denver Avenue (May 26 – June 2) 3) OKNA social and welcoming back an old friend ———- 1) How many parking spots must a … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk lately about parking (or the lack thereof) at new apartments and condos. Gary Davenport, who has been following this issue closely for OKNA, provided this primer. High Density Onsite Parking Requirements: Applies to lots … Continue reading
1) Overlook Bluff imperiled 2) Pembina propane project dead? ———- 1) Overlook Bluff imperiled Friends of Overlook Bluff are running out of time to save the heritage oak tree and open space on N Overlook Terrace. The owner of the … Continue reading
After a vote at the April 21 OKNA general meeting, the following letter was sent to the Portland City Council in opposition to the proposed Pembina propane terminal in North Portland. To: Portland City Council From: Overlook Neighborhood Association Re: Proposed Pembina propane … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Association general meeting (Jan. 20) 2) Fix-It Fair (Jan. 24) 3) Winter Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop (Jan. 17) 4) North Portland Land Use Group meeting (Jan. 22) 5) Report air quality problems ———- 1) Overlook Neighborhood Association … Continue reading
1) Overlook Neighborhood Association meeting time changes 2) Overlook House holiday craft bazaar (Nov. 15-16) 3) Providence Bridge Pedal 2015 registration (Nov. 10) 4) Don’t worry if your water looks a little funny 5) New city tree code is coming … Continue reading
1) North Williams left lane closure begins on Monday, Oct. 6 2) Community process under way for Natural Grocers project 3) No Ivy Day (Oct. 25) 4) Nature classes for kids 5) Historic Kenton Firehouse cleanup (Oct. 26) 6) North Star … Continue reading
1) Free movie at Peninsula Park (Sept. 26) 2) National Prescription Drug Turn in Day is Saturday (Sept. 27) 3) TriMet seeks input from residents 4) Comment on Portland’s draft 2035 Comprehensive Plan 5) Grants available for cultural programs 1) … Continue reading
1) Portland Polish Festival (Sept. 20-21) 2) Citywide Land Use Group (Sept. 22) 3) North Williams Avenue street design installation begins, left lane to close soon 4) Daimler Trucks North America informational session: Greenway expansion project and construction update (Sept. … Continue reading